Thursday, June 09, 2005

Sum Word

Following is a problem really interesting..... lets see if it wacks your brain or not...( mite not... if you are too good!!)


N O S I E R
A S T R A L
-------------
7 2 5 6 1 3

there has to be a '+' sign in between that is N O S I E R is being added to A S T R A L
I have removed it as it was causing problems , the letters were not coimng in stright lines i.e. A below N ; S below O ; so on and similarly 7 being the sum of N and A etc..
NOSIER and ASTRAL both denote individual numbers ( ie some lakhs) where each letter stands fro some digit

In the additon above, the sum represents a word.
1) Each letter represents a different digit.
2) No letter represents zero.

Which word is represented by : ' 7 2 5 6 1 3 ' ?


5 Comments:

Blogger Abhishek Jain said...

the question or rather the positioning of the letters is like this A below N .... S below O..... so on.... 7 below N and A .......... 2 below S and O ....so on...



N O S I E R
+ A S T R A L
-----------
7 2 5 6 1 3

6:29 PM  
Blogger Dhruv Raj said...

cant make out a thing

4:12 PM  
Blogger Sakshi said...

I tried it out, but it is really tough.. Where is the answer? I mean, when will you people post the answer?

9:43 PM  
Blogger α Lyrae said...

Hi!!
Here is my answer..it is wrong I think.
The 2 numbers are
293768 and 431845. And the word is INLETS.

Hope its right!
Bye!

11:05 PM  
Blogger α Lyrae said...

Please do tell me the correct answer. My blog is vega-supergirl.blogspot.com

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home